Photography © Bruno Frontino
THE BEACH AND BEYOND
Long renowned for the Art Deco architecture, hotel scene and nightlife along Miami Beach, the city is changing rapidly, becoming equally well known as a global capital of art, design and gastronomy.
Miami Beach continues to be one of the world’s hottest hotel markets. Recent additions include:
- 1 Hotel Miami – the debut of Barry Sternlicht’s eco-luxury brand
- Faena – Alan Faena’s expansive mixed-use development with hotel interiors by Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin
- Freehand – Handcrafted hostel chic from Sydell Group and Roman & Williams
- Nautilus – the latest from Sixty Hotels in a Morris Lapidus designed Art Deco landmark
- The Miami Edition – Ian Schrager’s triumphant return to the SoBe scene
- Thompson Miami – 1950s glamour from Martin Brudnizki and Commune Hotels
Beyond the beach, Miami is undergoing a drastic transformation, with new neighbourhoods emerging as destinations for art aficianados, design junkies and food fanatics alike.
TIME AND PLACE
Sleepover Miami takes place from 8-10 May 2016 – a date we have chosen to allow our globetrotting guests to slot the event into their busy travel schedules. It immediately follows HD Expo in Las Vegas (4-6 May), and precedes Maison Objet Americas (10-13 May) / ICFF New York (14-17 May), creating a perfect pitstop amidst the biggest design fairs in the US.
Sleepover Miami’s dates are also aligned with CHRIS (the Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit) and HOLA (Hotel Opportunities Latin America) taking place from 10-13 May. Hotel investors and developers can combine their participation in Sleepover Miami with attendance at these leading conferences for those doing hotel deals in these fast growing markets.